Here are the absences available for clients that have previously missed a training session. PLEASE EMAIL US AT firstname.lastname@example.org to request a make up training session listed below. This list is based on clients who have reported an absence for the upcoming week. As a courtesy to others, please email us at email@example.com if you know that you will be missing a training session.
Make-up training sessions are available on a first come, first serve basis. All workouts will begin 5 minutes before scheduled time to allow for dynamic warm up.
Monday: 615am, 830am, 900am, 445p, 615pm
Tuesday: 615am, 830am, 445p, 530pm
Wednesday: 615a, 700am, 830am, 615pm
Thursday: 615am, 445pm. 530p, 615pm
Friday: 615a, 700am, 830am, 9:00am
This week is a HUGE week at the Tillery house. All 5 of our kiddos will be in school. Now, like some of you…we will have kids going to three different school which could lead to some logistical challenges.
With lots of change, how are we going to have time to prep a healthy meal and snacks? Keep reading…
My skin is not in terrible shape yet…but I’m starting to be more aware of how to better protect my skin. How about you? Wish you could slow or reverse skin damage? For the next six weeks, include these six foods on your grocery list to see if you can eat your way to better skin…keep reading
“Diets just don’t work”
“I have to starve myself to lose any weight”
“I’m hungry all the time!”
“I lose 10lbs…and then it slowly creeps back on.”
“Eating healthy is just too expensive…I’ll never lose weight.”
If you’ve ever been on a diet, you have probably uttered one (or more) of these sentiments. Over the last 6 months, I have been researching and talking to other fitness professionals across the country about what type of nutrition learning model is having the most success. All “diets” can work…but often times they do not solve or correct our habits that lead to body weight changes.
Over the next several months we want to help you build a framework that can adapt to your taste, your lifestyle, and your level of commitment. For example, what happens if I give you a list of “do and don’t” foods and you don’t like any of the foods on the “do” list? Guess you are just out of luck huh? What if we tell you to cook all your meals and you hate being in the kitchen? What if your goals and your commitment level are just not congruent? Does that make you a failure? No, not at all.
What if you never had to count calories…ever?
What if your nutrition plan was customized to your God given body type?
What if you could favor carbs over fats or fats over carbs and still be successful?
What if meals took you no more than 5-10 minutes to make?
What if you could adapt the framework to your children to help them gage what appropriate portions look like per food group?
What if your hands and fingers were the only measuring device you needed to determine how much you should be eating? And…what if I told you that 85% of you would reach your weight loss goal by just using your hand and fingers to guide your portions (the other 15% would make just a few minor tweaks to achieve yours?)
What if you could go from obese (over 30% body fat) to athletic/lean (under 18% body fat) in one year?
The good news is that this stuff isn’t fantasy…it’s real and possible. Stay tuned as we start to unpack how the PrecisionNutrition curriculum can transform how you approach weight management.
In fact, the “Precision Nutrition” curriculum is what most people in our industry consider the premiere tool for teaching people how to view food and create a long term weight management strategy.
We will be unpacking our curriculum next week at our nutrition seminar…
Make your reservation by calling us at 979-575-7871
How to Kick Start Weight Loss
by Patti Willems, M.S
WE all seem to have a problem jump starting a healthy eating regiment. I would like to offer 3 quick and easy concepts for healthy eating habits, which in turn will kick start your weight loss…..
- Drink 16 oz. of water BEFORE each meal. There are several reasons for this….
- Water will help you feel fuller so you won’t eat as much, therefore you consume fewer calories.
- Water helps speed up your metabolism.
- Your body is made up of 60% water, therefore you need to drink water to stay hydrated. Water also aids in digestion, absorption, and circulation.
- Water can help energize your muscles and keeps fatigue from setting in by keeping your cells hydrated.
- Water keeps your skin hydrated and looking younger.
- Water keeps your kidneys flushed out, and some experts seem to think staying hydrated reduces your chance for kidney stones.
- Water helps maintain normal bowel functions .
- Slow down your eating time. It should take anywhere from 15-20 minutes to eat a meal. It takes approximately 20 minutes for your body to ‘feel’ full. Therefore, if you eat too fast, your brain does not have time enough to get the message from your stomach that you are full. You may need to start by slowly adding a minute on here and there by chewing more slowly and deliberately, drinking more often, or chatting with your dining partner. You usually tend to eat fewer calories as your meal time increases.
- Portion control – this seems to be a problem for many individuals. Even though I don’t have a huge sweet tooth, I do seem to like to eat more than I should, so portion control is an issue that I have to really watch. I would like to offer you three recommendations from Precision Nutrition that might help with portion control, and luckily you will have this ‘tool’ with you no matter where you go…..
- Use the palm of your hand (the same thickness and diameter as your palm) to identify the amount of protein and carbohydrates you should be eating at each meal. (Women should use one palm and men should use two palms).
- Use your fist to identify the amount of vegetables you should be eating at each meal. (Women should use one fist and men should use two fists).
- Use your thumb to determine how much good saturated fat you should be eating at each meal. (Women should use one thumb and men should use two thumbs).
You don’t even have to count calories – just watch the portion of proteins, vegetables, carbs and fats that you eat and you should be in great shape (no pun intended).
If you practice these three concepts, they will soon become naturally occurring habits, which will make it easier to: 1) eat healthier, 2) keep your portions under control, 3) stay hydrated, and 4) kick start your weight loss journey!
If you have any questions regarding the above healthy eating tips to kick start your weight loss, or are ready to start your fitness journey, please feel free to contact either myself or Brad Tillery here at BCS Fitness.
Fitness& Nutrition Minded,
Patti Willems, M.S
Baby Boomers and Beyond Program Director/Personal Trainer
My wife and I had a date night this past Friday and we decided to go out to a nice restaurant. Could have been worse…steak, salad, water, shrimp, and a bit of bread…but could have been better as well. This article in our August magazine get to some of the ends and outs of being successful while dining out. Do you see anywhere based on this article that we could have improved?
If you find it helpful, please share, comment, or like the article. http://bcsfitness.fitpromag.com/Article/Diet2/
For those of you that might have concerns, I wanted to clarify our schedule so that there are not any misunderstandings or any hard feelings at all that you are not receiving the services you are paying for. We don’t want anyone to feel as if we are taking advantage of them. ; )Our monthly payment systems operates on the assumption that there are (4) weeks in each month. For example, If a client is training on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s, they would have (8) total workouts each month (or 12 if you are 3 days per week.) Some months there are more than (8) workouts offered (12 if 3 days)..and some months there are less than (8) workouts offered due to how the month may fall in a given year. We do not charge more when there are extra workouts in the month…and we do not charge less when there are less workouts in the month. Everything is based on a 4 week average. If we did that, we would have to charge all of our clients for an additional 2 weeks of training to compensate for the months with 9 workouts.Below is a quick breakdown of the calendar and how many sessions are offered in each month…January: 9 sessionsFebruary: 8 sessionsMarch: 8 sessionsApril: 9 sessionsMay: 8 sessionsJune: 9 sessionsJuly: 9 sessionsAugust: 8 sessionsSeptember: 9 sessionsOctober: 9 sessionsNovember: 7 sessionsDecember: 8 sessionsAs you can see, on average, there are several months that have a “bonus” workout built into them to help offset for shorter months. If you have any questions at all please do let us know!Have an awesome day!Brad
Steel Hoses (5lbs-40lbs)
Terra Core Multi-use Bench
Advocare Nutritional Supplements
South College Station
3032 Barron Road Suite 100
College Station, TX 77845
Central College Station
4301 S Texas Ave
Bryan, TX 77802
Monday – Friday 5:30am-7:00pm
Saturday : By Appointment Only