- 12″ Boboli whole-wheat thin pizza crust (For a gluten-free option, you can use English muffins, cauliflower crust, or the gluten-free crust of your choice)
1 cup tomato-basil pasta sauce (We like Muir Glen)
2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella
15 slices turkey pepperoni
1⁄2 cup sliced onion
1⁄2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
1⁄2 cup chopped green olives
2 cloves garlic, minced
1⁄2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 jar (6 oz) artichoke hearts, drained
1 cup fresh basil leaves (Optional. Fresh basil is a perfect pizza garnish, but unless you have other uses for it, it’s probably not worth the extra $2 or $3 price tag.)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cover the crust with sauce and then cheese.
- Sprinkle with the pepperoni, onion, peppers, olives, garlic, pepper flakes, and artichokes.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Top with the basil (if using) and serve immediately.
NUTRITION INFO: 300 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated), 780 mg sodium